Mission for the Golden Artist Colors Paint Donation Program
To provide Golden Artist Colors products to artists and art organizations that are contributing to the value of arts in our global community. GOLDEN paint donations may include First Quality Products as well as Seconds Products.
First Quality Products will be provided for those accepted artists or art organizations when the products being used are on public display required for publicity purposes, used in High Schools or Junior High Programs* or any other approved use that requires complete labeling for approved use in that institution or place of operation.
We are committed to being an environmentally responsible company. We strive for formulations and processes that reflect our concern for the environment, including the ingredients that go in our paints. The wastewater generated while making paint, cleaning equipment, and any waste we generate throughout that process goes to use in our Seconds Program**.
* Because we manufacture and market our products to professional artists, we don’t recommend the use of our products with children under age 12 for health and safety reasons.
** Please note that Seconds paints cannot be shipped to California or outside the U.S.
Who is eligible to receive a GOLDEN paint donation?
An individual artist or not-for-profit (NFP) art organization making a difference within their community in areas including but not exclusive to art education, art therapy, art and community, and underserved artists and communities. Examples of previously approved donations:
- Mural arts programs involving community and artist support especially when donating their services
- Arts program providing lessons in community involving art materials
- Donations to victims of displacement to create messages using paints
- Donations to Veterans and Service Members using art as therapy
- Donations to college studio arts programs
Donations of materials to individual artists can be considered when it is determined that because of special circumstances, the donation will make a significant difference in the life of a practicing artist. Although it is difficult to give a precise description of these instances, the following are examples of past donations to individual artists:
- Hurricane damage to arts studio
- Fire destroying arts studio
- Serious change in the artist’s financial position forcing artist to stop painting
- Illness that can be ameliorated by practicing arts
Because of the number of applications we receive we are not able to fulfill all donation requests. We may reach out to you or your organization for more information before making our decision. In addition, inventory in our Seconds Program often fluctuates. We will do our best to fulfill your request as desired, but please know that certain color / product categories may not be available all the time. In this case, we will ship what we have available at the time your order is being processed.
Golden Artist Colors will not contribute to organizations that discriminate based on race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or physical or mental disabilities.
If you are interested in the Seconds Program and think that you or your organization may qualify, please fill out the appropriate form below and you will be contacted by our Communications Coordinator Jodi O'Dell.
Seconds Request Form - for Individuals
Seconds Request Form - for Organizations