QoR Labels Explained
1) Color Name - English/French/German/Spanish
2) Series - numbered 1-4 for pricing
3) Pigment ID Number - an internationally recognized code assigned to the colorant (pigment) used.
4) Lightfastness Rating - Colors with a Lightfastness Rating of I are considered Excellent ("Exc.") and those with a Lightfastness Rating of II are Very Good ("V.G."). If the Lightfastness Ratings has not been obtained according to ASTM 4303 test protocol, "NA" is used.
5) Opacity/Transparency - an eight-point scale from 1 (most opaque) to 8 (most transparent) to indicate the relative opacity/transparency of that color. The black square is for colors rated 1 or 2, the all white square is for colors rated 7 or 8, half black square is semi-opaque colors (rated 3 or 4) and the white square with a black diagonal is semi-transparent (rated 5 or 6).
6) ASTM/D4236 Symbol - designation "conforms to ASTM D-4236" which means that all of the potentially hazardous components of the art product have been clearly labeled on the product packaging.